Antisocial behaviour

We have a clear policy on dealing with antisocial behaviour and we take such matters very seriously.

Your home

What is antisocial behaviour?

Anti-social behaviour (ASB) is any action that can cause nuisance, annoyance, alarm, harassment or harm to anyone.

ASB can affect some people more than others so we always look at the individual’s experience, the impact the behaviour has and handle each enquiry on a case by case basis.

We have a clear policy, set out in detail in a range of leaflets on dealing with anti-social behaviour, this is available from our office and online.

They explain what you can do if you are suffering from nuisance or harassment, and what we and others can do to help you. and we take such matters very seriously.

Reporting ASB to us

You should first try speaking to your neighbour, if you can try using a Dear Neighbour Card which you can request from our Neighbourhood Managers Team . It’s likely that your neighbour would prefer that you speak to them first before contacting us as they may not be aware they are causing problem.

We will record all reports of ASB but will only take action or investigate what we feel is genuine ASB or behaviour which is caused by someone acting unreasonably. We expect most people to resolve their disputes themselves.

If you are experiencing ASB, please select the type of ASB below to find out more. If the ASB type that you are experiencing isn’t listed, please call us for advice.

Noise nuisance

Noise nuisance is our most common ASB complaint. Before taking any action, we have to decide whether the noise is unreasonable, based on a number of factors including:

  • the duration, frequency and intensity
  • what time it occurs ("reasonable hours" are usually classed as 7am–11pm)
  • whether it is a one-off or continuing problem
  • whether it is being made deliberately

We won't investigate

  • a one-off event
  • the everyday use of a property (lights being switched on or off, footsteps,
    doors closing and opening, use of household appliances, people talking,
    low-level sound from TV/radio)
  • where properties have poor sound insulation

If you have a noise complaint which you believe is ASB, you should report the matter to Charlton Triangle Homes. We may also advise you to contact the Royal Borough of Greenwich Noise Nuisance team, who have a specialist team who can provide equipment and attend to witness the noise nuisance you are experiencing.

Domestic Abuse

Please see our dedicated Domestic Abuse page for detailed information of how we can help.

Violence or threats of violence

Violence or the threat of violence is a criminal matter and should be reported to the police immediately. If you are in immediate danger call 999 in an emergency.

After you have reported the matter to the police, contact us and we will record the details and work alongside the Police to carry out an investigation.

Drug Dealing

Drug dealing is a criminal matter and should be reported directly to the Police. You can contact the police on 101 or 999 in an emergency..

After you have reported the matter to the police, contact us and we will record the details and work alongside the Police to carry out an investigation.

Dangerous dogs

Owning a dangerous dog or failing to properly control a dog is a crime and should be reported to the Police. If the owner is a tenant of Charlton Triangle Homes the matter should reported to us as well.

Neighbour disputes

We encourage you to speak to your neighbours to resolve any issues that you may have, as this is often the fastest and easiest way to solve minor disputes. However, if this doesn’t reach a resolution or you have a more serious dispute with your neighbour, please report the matter to us and we will investigate the matter.


Keep up to date

Sign up to receive the latest updates from Charlton Triangle Homes

Keep up to date