Repairs to your home

If you need to report a repair, please follow this process.

Your home

If you need to have a repair carried out to your home, please follow this process to report it.

First, please check the list of repairs below to see whose responsibility it is – ours or yours. Please remember that we have no obligation to repair anything that has been damaged or misused by you or your family or visitors, or anything that does not belong to us. If we have to carry out such a repair for health and safety reasons, we will have to re-charge you for the cost.

Who is responsible

Repairs responsibility

If you think the repair is our responsibility, please ring the Repairs Hotline on 020 8319 8870. They will confirm whether or not we can carry out the repair and will arrange an appointment for a contractor to visit you within the agreed response time for that type of repair.

Response times

The response times for the different types of repairs are listed below. Sometimes it may be necessary for one of our surveyors to visit you to inspect the problem first.

Priority 1 – Emergency repairs – within 24 hours

Emergency repairs are required when there are serious health and safety and/or security risks, or where immediate work is needed to prevent major damage to your home. In these cases we will raise an order for the contractor to visit as quickly as possible and complete the work or make your home safe within 24 hours.

What is classed as an emergency repair

Serious floods and leaks

Loss of heating and/or hot water between 1st November and 30th April

Loss of cold water supply

Lift breakdowns

Complete loss of electricity

No lighting throughout the home

Exposed wires

Damage to windows or doors which makes the home insecure

Boarding and securing empty properties

Blocked drains or toilets where there is only one WC

Dangerous ceilings, plasterwork and walls

Priority 2 – Routine repairs – up to a maximum of 35 days

These are repairs which cause inconvenience or discomfort. We aim to complete all routine repairs within 35 days.

What is classed as a routine repair?


Loss of heating and hot water between 1st May and 31st October

Blocked sinks, basins, baths and showers

Leaking roofs, toilets and drains

Repairs to collapsed ceilings and floors

Faulty front or back doors

Faulty communal lights

Defective entry phone doors

Faulty communal lights

Defective entry phone doors

Major communal repairs such as roof leaks or communal door replacement will take longer to diagnose and remedy.

If you need to report a repair outside office opening hours, including at weekends or on a public holiday, please check that the repair is a Priority 1 (emergency) repair. If you are sure it is, then please ring 0300 123 3456. This is the Out of Hours Hotline, which will arrange for a contractor to visit your home within 24 hours.

Please be aware that if you call out the emergency repairs contractor for a repair which is not Priority 1, you will be charged for the cost of the work.

Frequently asked questions

What happens once Charlton Triangle Homes has agreed to do a repair?

When we have agreed to carry out a repair to your home, we will, in most circumstances, offer you an appointment time. This will be either an am or pm appointment slot. At this time, we are not usually able to give set times as it is easy for a job to overrun, which then impacts on all the appointments following that job.

If you are not happy with what has been done, please contact us as soon as possible. We may need to visit your property to see the work for ourselves before taking further action.

What about the outside of my home?

Apart from day-to-day repairs, we will aim to decorate the outside of your property (and any communal internal areas) and carry out “cyclical” maintenance (such as renewing guttering or drainpipes) as required. You will receive plenty of warning about this and will be asked about colour schemes and so on, if this applies.

Charlton Triangle Homes is proud of its repair service and works hard to make sure it keeps improving. From time to time, we will ask for your views on the way things are going and whether you have any suggestions for making the service better.

You will also receive annual reports from us on our repairs performance: how much we are spending, how we are meeting our targets etc.

There are some repairs that the Government requires us to do within a certain time period. In the unlikely event that we fail to do this, you have the legal remedy of right to repair.

Can I make changes to my home to help me get around it?

If you are having difficulty moving around your home because of a disability or illness, please let us know as soon as possible. We can usually carry out various small adaptations, such as fitting grab rails. More extensive adaptations would have to be recommended by an occupational therapist. Please contact us for more information.

Can I make improvements to my property?

You can improve, change and add to the property, including the erection of aerials or satellite dishes, as long as you get our written agreement before carrying out any work and you have the any other necessary permissions (for example building regulation approval). If we give permission, we may insist that you meet special conditions such as carrying out the work to certain standard. We will not refuse permission without good reasons. You will break this agreement if you carry out any work which does not meet conditions we have insisted upon or if you do not get our permission .

Keep up to date

Sign up to receive the latest updates from Charlton Triangle Homes

Keep up to date