Welfare Advice

We have a dedicated team of welfare advisors who are able to support you.

New Leaf

Our team of welfare advisors are able to offer you free support and advice. We can identify what benefits you may be entitled to and provide assistance with the applications.

Our areas of support include, but are not limited to:

  • Universal Credit
  • Personal Independent Payment (PIP)
  • Disability Living Allowance
  • Carers Allowance
  • Housing Benefit
  • Council Tax
  • Appeals and mandatory reconsiderations
  • Spare Room Subsidy (bedroom tax)
  • Budgeting advice
  • Discretionary Housing Payments (DHP)

We can also help you to understand and respond to your letters.

Rent arrears

If you are having problems paying your rent and are in arrears, we will identify if you are eligible for any benefits.

We can also help you to contact your Charlton Triangle/Peabody Incomes Officer to set up a payment plan to repay your arrears.

Additional services

The New Leaf Advice Centre also offers a range of other in-house services which we can refer you to. These include:

  • Reiki
  • Live well
  • Counselling
  • Debt Advice
  • Employment support

On some occasions, we may need to signpost you to external services to maximise the support that you receive.

To book an appointment please contact us.

If you would like to find out more about what we do, ask a general question, check if we can help or have a letter explained, we have a welfare drop-in service on Fridays at our Community café - 92A Blaker Court from 9.30am to 1pm.

Frequently asked questions

Are you open during COVID-19?

We are dedicated to continuing to provide our services while social distancing measures are in place. However, to ensure the safety of staff and clients we have temporarily moved to a digital welfare provision.

Our drop-in service and office are currently closed

How do I book an appointment?

Call us on 020 8319 8416 to book an appointment. We will ask you a few questions about the support you need to ensure that we direct you to the right team and allocate enough time to deal with your enquiry at your appointment.

I can no longer make my appointment, how do I cancel?

Our appointments regularly get booked up weeks in advance. If you can no longer make your appointment, please notify us so that we can offer your appointment to those on our waiting list.

Please cancel your appointment a minimum of 24 hours before the scheduled time. If you fail to provide us notice on more than two occasions, we will not be able to offer you additional appointments and will direct you to our drop-in sessions.  

Keep up to date

Sign up to receive the latest updates from Charlton Triangle Homes

Keep up to date