We hope you and your families are keeping well in what has been challenging times for all of us, as a nation and worldwide.
We last wrote to you on 18 June and would like to provide a further update on where we are as an organisation as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our offices have remained, since 23 March, closed to ensure that we are able to keep you, our residents and the staff team, as safe as possible.
In light of the recent Government update on 22 September 2020, our offices will stay closed for the foreseeable future. However, rest assured that we are continuing to work remotely and have embraced new ways to ensure that we can still provide you with the essential services that you need and keep disruption to a minimum. This includes:
- Weekly ‘Gazebo sessions’ where the staff team are present for you to talk to and raise any issues in the safety of an outdoor environment
- Moving our community activities in partnership with Global Fusion online which are now hosted on zoom. To find out more and take part, please visit the What’s on section of our new website
- Delivering weekly food parcels to our most vulnerable residents
- Weekly wellbeing phone calls to our most vulnerable during the height of the pandemic
- Successfully completed our annual Youth Summer Programme online
- Delivered children’s activity packs
- Carrying out essential and emergency repairs as required
As we navigate the challenges of the future, we will continue to adapt and listen to you, our residents, to make sure that we are delivering the services that you need. To ensure that we get this right, we have compiled ‘Well-being Survey’ to help us understand the impact that the Covid -19 has had on you, this information will assist us in shaping our future services to meet your demands. To fill out our well-being survey click here.
We’ll also be launching a Community Steering Group so that you can help us shape how these services are delivered. To sign up to be part of our Community Steering Group please contact Annette Dalrymple by email at [email protected] or telephone 020 8319 9253.
We understand that these are challenging times. If you struggling and need advice or support our New Leaf Advice Centre continues to offer digital support on a range of services from counselling to employment support. To find out more contact 020 8319 8416.
Finally, please be assured that getting our services back to normal remains a priority for us as a team, and we thank you for your understanding and appreciate your ongoing patience.