In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the UK Government issued a nationwide lockdown which has created challenging circumstances for many people across the country. Whilst we have moved to a remote working model, we have done our best to mitigate the impact to our tenants and have adapted some of our services to ensure that we can help those who need it most. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and lockdown we have:
• Made weekly phone calls to our most vulnerable tenants to check on their wellbeing, to date we have made 533 phone calls.
• Worked in partnership with Fareshare to deliver food parcels to our most vulnerable tenants, and to date have delivered a total of 218 parcels.
• Assisted with the collection of pharmacy prescriptions for those who are shielding.
• Created additional befriending appointments with our counsellor to support anybody who is feeling low or isolated.
• The Peabody Group have sent out two newsletters to all tenants detailing up-to-date coronavirus information, news and support on offer, as well as creating a dedicated website page with the latest information, advice, and activity ideas. This can be viewed at https://www.peabody.org.uk/stay-well-stay-connected
• Worked alongside local schools to deliver children’s activity packs to help keep children entertained whilst schools remain closed.
We want to make sure that we are supporting you as best as we can, and continue to provide you support over the coming months. Please get in contact with us if you need any additional support, or have a neighbour that you are concerned about. Our New Leaf Advice Centre continues to help people remotely, and are on hand to offer welfare advice. Additionally our employment team are currently taking referrals, so please get in contact if you are unemployed and would like help finding a job.
Charlton Triangle Homes – 020 8319 8870
New Leaf Advice Centre – 020 8319 8416/ Employment team – 07771 940 094