The Royal Borough of Greenwich are looking for Neighbourhood Champions.
The Royal Borough of Greenwich are contacting you because you live in or around one of our target areas for what we are calling ‘Deep Community Engagement’. As part of this work we want to make sure we are reaching everyone we can, for example people who may be isolated or do not have access to information to support them through the Coronavirus pandemic.
About this volunteering role:
There are many members of our community that are vulnerable or isolated and we need to ensure that help and support is available to all residents in the borough of Greenwich.
This role centres around bringing people like you, that live in these areas together with community networks to connect with other residents in your area.
Residents may not be getting the information they need to help them stay safe or access the support they need, for whatever reasons during the pandemic. This role can play a part in making a big difference.
What does the role involve?
The Neighbourhood Champions in each of the areas highlighted for ‘deep engagement’, will be part of a local team supported by a Community Engagement Coordinator linked to the Public Health Team in Greenwich.
You will support a range of activities in your areas as part of a volunteer outreach team
- Having safe, socially distanced, ‘neighbour to neighbour’ conversations on the doorstep and around your area to make sure everyone knows how to stay safe from the Coronavirus and how to get support.
- Helping gather the issues, concerns, ideas and suggestions that come from the residents of your area that can help keep the community safe.
- You will also play an important part in encouraging those you meet to become involved themselves, working together as a whole community.
Training and support:
- Initial free 2-hour online training will be provided to make sure you are well informed, well supported and safe when carrying out this Neighbourhood Champion role. Training is planned for Friday 20th November 10.30-12.30 on Zoom.
- You will be kept up to date with key information and messages regarding the Coronavirus pandemic.
- You will have weekly contact and support from your local Coordinator.
- You will also have the opportunity to become part of a wider Coronavirus Community Champions programme across the borough.
Apply for this role:
Thank you for reading through the information about this role. If you are interested in this role please email [email protected] to register your interest giving your full contact details, name, address, email and telephone number.